Struggling Musician. Lawyer. Mother. Author. Trophy Wife.
Pepsi Truck Driver. Politician. Social Worker. Judge.
Missionary. Professor. Journalist.
Motivational Speaker. Advertiser.
What do all of these things have in common?
If you guessed potential careers for yours truly, then you are correct.
I think I’m going through something that is completely normal for a soon to be college graduate – indecisiveness about what to do after graduation… There’s so much pressure to know what’s next! But honestly, how can we possibly know what the future holds?
I know it may seem like I’m walking aimlessly in life, but that’s not true. I have some hopes.
- I hope to make a difference in people’s lives.
- I hope to care more for others than for a dollar.
- I hope to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- I hope to inspire others to be the best that they can be.
- I hope to shine light on issues of injustice.
- I hope to put the needs of other people before my own.
- I hope to have a family.
- I hope to lead an adventurous life.
- I hope to write music about my experiences.
- I hope I don’t lose passion for people.
- I hope I always care.
See, I’m not all that aimless. I can do all of these things, regardless of my career. I don’t know what my future holds, but I hope my hopes stay the same.